Enlisted Design is seeking a junior to mid-level Industrial Designer to join our group of creative minds. We are a passionate team and thrive on a highly collaborative relationship with our client partners.
This candidate will work closely with both internal and external client teams to smartly balance technical and aesthetic design with user experience and business objectives.
Core responsibilities and capabilities:
- Provide vision, creative solutions, and beautiful aesthetics for product design in various industries.
- Understand and track design trends, and identify areas of opportunity to expand and stretch conventional approaches.
- Relentlessly pursue strategic solutions to client goals.
- Demonstrate detailed craftsmanship in sketching and prototyping.
- Able to absorb user needs, technical limitations, mechanical engineering, and client business objectives into design considerations.
- Possess an understanding and appreciation for project cycle processes.
- Facilitate creative collaboration within our cross-functional design teams.
- Have strong visual presentation skills with ability to verbally pitch, ideate, and review with internal teams.
- Develop and maintain a consistent visual design language across a family of products.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with ODMs, JDMs, mechanical engineering, and other experts whose work informs the design.
- Show a proactive attitude and team-oriented approach to client projects and studio culture.
- An amazing portfolio showcasing consumer products with an emphasis on lifestyle and tech products.
- 2–4 years of relevant, agency experience.
- Proficiency in CAD software, preferably Solidworks.
- Proficiency in additional design software including Keyshot and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Hands-on prototyping and model making experience.
To apply for the position of Industrial Designer, please email your cover letter (no canned letters, please), resume, and portfolio – containing case studies that demonstrate your process and rationale – to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to respond to all applicants.