Enlisted Design is seeking a full-time Studio Manager to manage day-to-day operations of our Uptown Oakland workspace and provide support for our team of talented, friendly designers and accounts professionals.
You’ll wear many hats in this role: administrator, HR assistant, event planner, and facilities project manager to name a few. We are seeking an eternal optimist with an outgoing personality and a can-do attitude who believes no job is too small and no detail is too insignificant. If you like having a diverse set of responsibilities, want to make an impact at a growing studio, and be a part of an exciting, fast-paced design culture, we’d like to hear from you.
Core responsibilities and capabilities:
- Order and stock office supplies, groceries, printer supplies, etc.
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Communicate studio-wide announcements via email and at team meetings
- Check mail, ship and receive packages
- Research operations topics and implement new organizational systems
- Run occasional errands for directors and creative teams
Events & Marketing
- Coordinate team lunches, celebrations, and outings
- Plan and execute holiday gift-giving for staff and clients
- Research and order promotional swag
- Oversee janitorial services; track and coordinate studio repairs, organization projects
- Manage the studio’s security system
- Keep communal areas tidy and organized
- Assist with onboarding, benefits administration, filing, and other tasks supporting Finance Manager
- Uphold the employee handbook and coordinate revisions when needed
- Coordinate recruitment efforts for interns and permanent staff
- Liaise with our IT provider and printer leaser to coordinate maintenance and repairs
- Purchase software, hardware, and printer supplies
- Provide light tech support with guidance from our IT team
Our ideal candidate possesses the following qualities:
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience working in a similar role, preferably at a creative agency or studio. Experience with HR, policy implementation, recruitment, and/or benefits administration is a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrating attention to detail in this and other areas of responsibility
- Working knowledge of Macs and PCs, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat
- Owns a car and has a clean driving record
- Diplomatic and discreet regarding sensitive topics and confidential information
- Confident leader with a pleasant, easy-going demeanor
- Organized and able to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Solutions-oriented (a background in client or customer services or hospitality is helpful)
- Willing to go the extra mile
To apply for this role, send your resume and a cover letter tailored to your interest in Enlisted (no generic letters, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the volume of email we receive, we will not be able to respond to all applicants.