Enlisted Design is seeking a new addition to our group of creative visual and product designers. We are a passionate team and thrive on a highly collaborative relationship with our client partners to create and launch new brands and products. If you are a mid-to-senior level visual designer who loves packaging and pets, we want to meet you!
Reporting to the Visual Design Director, the Visual Designer will work on a major pet food client’s existing brand renovation and extension, as well as new brand development, with a primary emphasis on packaging. The ideal candidate enjoys systems design and bringing organization and strategic thinking to clients with large, complicated portfolios and product lines.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in our uptown Oakland studio.
Core responsibilities and capabilities:
- Contribute creative solutions for packaging and branding.
- Demonstrate beautiful aesthetics and expertise in color, layout, typography, and photography.
- Map design recommendations to strategic objectives, key audiences, brand values, and core messaging.
- Function within a collaborative team and work under the direction of Design Directors and Account Managers.
- Possess basic photography, photo editing, and color correction abilities.
- Show competence in basic mechanical file production for smaller packaging projects.
- Keep current on design trends and explore new approaches.
- Understand and appreciate project cycle processes.
- Develop and maintain a consistent visual design language across a family of products.
- Exhibit a proactive attitude and team-oriented approach to client projects and studio culture.
- At least three years of relevant agency experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited design program in directly related field of study.
- Mastery of industry-standard design software, including Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Portfolio demonstrating experience in branding and packaging (specifically in CPG, food & beverage), and case studies showcasing how visual creative meets marketing objectives.
- Basic understanding of mechanical file production.
Qualifications that are not required, but will strengthen candidacy:
- Experience with audience testing.
- Experience collaborating and presenting your work directly to clients
- Experience working with pet brands.
- Familiarity with or interest in Industrial Design.
To apply for the Visual Designer position, please email your cover letter (stating why you want to work at Enlisted specifically), resume, and portfolio containing case studies that demonstrate your process and rationale to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to respond to all applicants.